TERMS OF PURCHASE FOR BABYSCREEN
1. About the Terms
- These Terms of Purchase (“The conditions”) applies to the purchase of sampling services for analysis (“tests”) as you do from [Babyscreen] (“babyscreen.se"). Purchase of tests includes both test equipment and, when applicable, laboratory analysis of your samples.
- Purchase agreement is concluded with BabyScreen Sweden AB, with organization number 559328–3418 and address Kyrkogatan 25, 411 15 Gothenburg ("U.S" or "we"). The terms and conditions apply to you who trade as a private person.
- If you have any questions about these Terms or about our tests, please contact us. You can reach us by email firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone +46 (0)10-1664270, or by post to: Kyrkogatan 25, 411 15 Gothenburg.
- If you use the Website to book an appointment with a clinic, you enter into a separate booking agreement with the clinic in question. The conditions that apply to the clinic appear in connection with the booking.
2. Order and prices
- In order to complete a purchase on the Website, you must accept the Terms. You who carry out the purchase need to be at least 18 years old and otherwise have the right to enter into agreements, e.g. not be under guardianship.
- Once you have completed your purchase, we will send you an order confirmation as soon as possible via email. We recommend that you save the order confirmation to facilitate possible contacts with us.
- We have the right to refuse an order, for example if you have provided incorrect information or if the order cannot be completed for any other reason.
- When ordering, the prices stated on the Website at the time of the order apply. All prices include applicable VAT. Prices do not include any payment and shipping charges, which are listed separately.
- If you order a test that requires analysis in a laboratory to give a result, the cost of the analysis is included in the price shown on the Website.
- If the price or information about a product listed on the Website is incorrect and you realized or should have realized this, the price or information will not apply to the purchase. In such cases, we will contact you as soon as possible.
3. User instruction for tests
- For all tests, it is important that you follow the instructions that come with the package or are specified during registration. You are responsible for reading through and completing the test in accordance with the instructions that apply to the test you have ordered. Tests carried out contrary to the instructions will not show reliable results.
Depending on which test you perform, the answer may be displayed immediately or require analysis in a laboratory. Whether the result is displayed immediately or whether the samples need to be sent for analysis is shown in the product description on the Website and in the instructions that come with the package or are given at registration.
Test where the result is displayed immediately
- Tests where the result is displayed directly must be performed in accordance with the instructions included in the package.
After completing the test, the test result will be displayed after the time and in the manner specified in the instructions. For these tests, you do not need to send any samples back to us.
Tests that require analysis in a laboratory
- For tests where samples are to be sent for analysis, you need to activate the test and connect it to the person who will carry out the same. You activate the test in our service in accordance with the instructions included in the package, in our app or in your browser. Our app can be downloaded via the App Store or Google Play. The test will not work unless you activate it through our digital service. You access or are given access to the Service in connection with the delivery of the test.
- Once you have activated the test, perform it according to the instructions included in the package.
Once you have completed the test, please return the samples to us. How to do this and where to send the samples depends on which test you have performed. Therefore, be sure to follow the instructions that you receive in connection with the activation of the test and that are included in the package.
- The result will be sent to you after the time and in the manner specified in the instructions.
- Together with our payment service provider, we offer different payment options and you choose yourself which way you want to pay for your purchase. The available payment options and any limitations, as well as complete information about them, are indicated on the Website and at the checkout. Depending on which payment option you choose, additional costs may apply.
- Payment takes place via Klarna's platform. Klarna's payment terms apply to the execution of purchases.
5. Promotions, discount codes and other offers
- We may from time to time offer promotions, discount codes, gifts and other offers (“Offers"). Such Offers are valid only during the time and with the conditions specified in connection with the Offer. Offers cannot be combined with other discounts unless expressly stated on the Website.
- For some Offers, you need to enter any code or otherwise activate the current Offer before completing the purchase in order to take advantage of it. Otherwise, these Terms of Purchase also apply to Offers.
- We deliver tests throughout Sweden with the exception of islands or other places that do not have fixed bridge connections.
- Which delivery options we offer are shown on the Website and in the checkout and the order is delivered to you according to the delivery option you choose. Please note that there may be limitations in the various options.
- The cost of shipping is added when ordering, unless otherwise expressly stated in connection with your order.
- Delivery time may vary depending on which option you choose. The expected delivery time is shown on the Website and will be shown to you during the ordering process and in your order confirmation. Please note that the specified delivery times are approximate and that deviations from these may occur. If your order is delayed, you will receive a notification about it.
- If you have chosen to have your delivery delivered to a collection point, you will receive a notification showing where and when your order can be collected. You are responsible for collecting your order within the time specified in the notification. For uncollected packages, we have the right to charge a fee corresponding to the administrative cost of handling uncollected packages, which amounts to SEK 250.
7. Right of withdrawal
- As a starting point, you have the right to cancel your purchase within 14 days in accordance with current consumer law. However, you do not have the right to undo tests that can quickly deteriorate or become unusable. Which of our tests can quickly deteriorate or become unusable and are therefore not covered by the right of withdrawal is shown on the Website. The fact that you cannot undo tests that can quickly deteriorate or become unusable means that you do not have the right to return them for a refund. However, if you notify us within 14 days of you or someone named by you receiving the delivery that you do not wish to send your samples for laboratory analysis, you will be reimbursed for the cost of such analysis.
- For the purchase of tests other than those that can quickly deteriorate or become unusable, you also do not have the right to regret it if you have broken any seals on our tests. The reason for this is that all tests sold on the Website cannot be returned for health and hygiene reasons if the seal has been broken. If you want to cancel such a purchase and you have not broken any seals, you have the right to cancel your purchase by notifying us within 14 days of the delivery being received by you or someone named by you.
- If you want to cancel your purchase of a test that is subject to the right of cancellation and you have not broken the seal, you must notify us by contacting us by email email@example.com, by phone +46 (0)10-1664270, or by post to: Kyrkogatan 25, 411 15 Gothenburg, before the cooling-off period of 14 days has expired. You can also choose to use the standard form for exercising the right of withdrawal that the Swedish Consumer Agency has developed, see here.
- When exercising the right of withdrawal, you must return the product to us without undue delay and in any case no later than 14 days after the day on which you announced that you want to exercise your right of withdrawal.
- When returning products covered by the right of withdrawal, you pay the cost of return shipping. We recommend that the product is sent in its original packaging and well packaged with a trackable shipment.
- If you cancel your purchase, we will refund what you have paid for the test including delivery costs (but then extra delivery costs are not counted as a result of you choosing a delivery method other than the cheapest standard delivery we offer and the return shipping that arises when exercising the right of cancellation). From the amount to be refunded, we have the right to deduct an amount corresponding to the product's reduction in value compared to the product's original value. This only applies if and to the extent that such reduction in value is due to your having handled the product to a greater extent than is necessary to determine its properties or function.
- The refund will be made without undue delay and in any case no later than 14 days from the day we received your notice to cancel your purchase. However, we may wait for the refund until we have received the product back from you or until you have submitted proof that you returned the product, whichever occurs first. Refunds are made via the payment method you chose when placing the order on the Website, unless we have expressly agreed otherwise. In any case, the refund will not cost you anything.
- You have the right to advertise the test in accordance with mandatory consumer legislation. This means that you have the right to complain for three years. To make your complaint efficiently, we recommend that you contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone +46 (0)10-1664270, or by post to: Kyrkogatan 25, 411 15 Gothenburg. If you want to complain, you must contact us as soon as possible after you have discovered the error. In the event of a valid complaint, we will compensate you in accordance with applicable law.
- Delayed test answers or passing an exam do not count as valid complaints. No financial compensation is issued in the event of delays of less than 10 working days, i.e. 20 working days from the time of sampling. For delays of more than 10 working days, financial compensation of 50% of the purchase price of the service is issued. In the event that a sample cannot be analyzed after overtaking, a new sample must be requested. If the patient refrains from taking a new sample, he is entitled to financial compensation corresponding to 100% of the purchase price. If you instead choose to submit a new sample and the new sample can be analyzed, you are entitled to financial compensation corresponding to 50% of the purchase price.
- Passing of samples where the sample has not passed the quality control in the laboratory, for example in the case of hemolysis, high blood fat content, high bilirubin values, deviant DNA concentration or other comparable deviation is not covered by the right of complaint. In the event that a new sample needs to be submitted or that answers to analysis cannot be submitted, no financial compensation is paid.
- When purchasing, I understand that all medical analyzes can give false positive or false negative results. In the event of an incorrect answer, Babyscreen is not obliged to issue any financial compensation.
9. Product information etc
- We reserve the right for final sales and any image or typographical errors on the Website, in advertisements or other marketing material and product descriptions. We have the right to correct any such errors, change or update the information on the Website and to continuously implement product changes and improvements on the Website.
- Images showing tests on the Website, in advertisements and other marketing materials are to be regarded exclusively as illustrations and not as specifications of its features, functions, origin or as any guarantee. Always refer to the instructions included in the package for your test.
- The Website and all its content are owned by BabyScreen or, where applicable, by our licensors. The information on the Website is protected by, among other things, intellectual property legislation. This means that you may not copy or use trademarks, company names, product names, images and graphics, designs, layouts and information about products and other content without our prior written approval.
10. Force Majeure
If we are unable to fulfill our obligations to you or if the performance of our obligations becomes significantly more difficult due to circumstances beyond our control, such as war and natural disasters, we have no obligation to fulfill our obligations during these circumstances. However, you always have the right to exercise your rights under mandatory consumer law.
11. Changes and Assignments
- We may change these Terms at any time, but the terms of purchase that you agreed to at the time of your purchase will always apply to that purchase. All changes will be reflected in the latest published version of the Terms on the Website. The new terms and conditions will apply to you when you have accepted the Terms, that is, in connection with making a new purchase on the Website.
- We have the right to assign all or part of our rights and obligations to third parties without your prior consent.
12. Applicable Law and Disputes
- These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted and applied in accordance with Swedish law.
- If you have questions or complaints, you are welcome to contact us at the contact details stated under point 1.3 above.
- You also have the right to contact the General Complaints Board (ARN) via arn.se or by post to Box 174, 101 23 Stockholm. In the event of a dispute, we follow ARN's recommendations. As a consumer, you also have the opportunity to complain via the EU's web-based platform for dispute resolution, which you reach via http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
- Regardless of what is stated above, any disputes may also be settled in any competent court.
The terms were established by BabyScreen on 2022-02-01